|Cooks in: 25 minutes||Feeds: 4-6 Adults|
|Effort: Medium||Price: Cheap|
This is a simple and quick mid-week dinner. It is filling and a lighter (just) carbonara recipe and is very simple.
- 180 grams pancetta or lardons
- 1 leek
- 50 grams of parmesan cheese or other hard cheese
- 2 egg yolk
- 200 grams spaghetti or here Fusilli Lunghi
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil with the pinch of salt and add pasta.
- Add oil, pancetta and chopped leek to the pan and fry on a medium heat until leeks have softened, about 10 minutes. Take off the heat and add a pinch of black pepper.
- Grate the parmesan into a heat proof bowl and add two tablespoons of water from the pasta’s cooking water. Mix this in until it reaches a paste consistency. Add to the pan with the pancetta and add the egg yolks. Ensure that the pancetta is not too hot when adding this or the egg will split.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some water in a jug. Add the pasta to the pan, and mix into the sauce, adding some cooking water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
Serve your midweek meal with a light salad.